Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Heading South to make balloons

For the next two days I will be headed to Orlando, Florida for the Florida Super Jam. I will spend two days jamming with other balloon artists and taking classes on balloons. I am looking forward to learning new things and also escaping the cold, snowy weather of New York. My flight leaves tonight at 9 PM. I was supposed to take an earlier flight leaving at 9 AM this morning but my flight was cancelled due to the snow storm. (At least Jet Blue let me know the night before instead of my getting there and finding out and having to wait all hours at the airport  for another flight)

When I come back I will have a lot of interesting pictures of balloons to post on here. I try to make it to a balloon convention every year. Last year, I went to the Twist and Shout balloon convention in Oakbrook, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago), Two years ago I participated in Balloon Manor, where I helped build a haunted house made out of balloons, and three years ago it was another Twist and Shout balloon convention in the suburbs of Boston. These classes and conventions are a good learning experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment