Friday, December 10, 2010

My first day ever as a children's party clown - children's entertainment

My first day ever as a children's party clown (over 15 years ago) I was so nervous I gave myself something like 2 hours to get to my party even though it was in Queens, and I live in Queens. It was in a neighborhood called Rosedale. I don't think I had ever been to Rosedale at that time. Now of course thousands of parties later I have been to probably every neighborhood in Queens as well as all over Brooklyn, the Bronx, Long Island, Westchester, etc.

I sat in my car for something like an hour because I was so early. I was wearing a rainbow wig, white clown make-up all over my face, and a Halloween clown costume. I also had some magic tricks including the popular coloring book trick that I had been given by the company I worked for at that time. I had practiced those tricks all week. I had also practiced making a balloon dog and sword!

I came into the house a little early. It was March, a warm day in March because it was in the person's backyard. No one asked me if it was my first time. In fact, one of the fathers thought he had seen me perform at another party, and I even got a ten dollar tip.

.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment