Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Penny Hardaway Christmas (children's entertainment)

Several years ago I got a call during the holiday season to do a Penny Hardaway party. The woman who called me asked me if I had ever heard of him. At that time I hadn't because I am not knowledgeable about sports. "He is a basketball star," she said.

As his manager she booked a Santa, a Ms. Claus, and an elf from my company to entertain at a Christmas party Penny was giving for underprivileged kids in Harlem. The party was a few days away.

After she booked my services I started asking around, and it seemed like almost anyone I asked knew who he was because he was famous. When we got to the party it was crowded with children. Dressed as an elf I made balloon animals while Mrs. Claus facepainted the kids. Penny also had the hip hop magician perform, and a clown to help me make the balloons. He had Santa give out electronic toys for the children. After the show a lot of people went up to Penny to get his autograph including Ms. Claus who wanted his autograph for her grandson.

It was a fun party and one of my few parties for a celebrity.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment